21.5.10

I'll Take a Glass of Hibiscus, Please

Posted by Stephanie |



THIS BLOG HAS MOVED. IT IS NOW AT SEARED.CA. CLICK HERE TO BE REDIRECTED.


Do you ever add anything to your wine or champagne? Strawberries are a classic addition, but what about preserved flowers?

Not too long ago, I tried a glass of champagne with a Wild Hibiscus Flower in it. Not only did it make the champagne a beautiful colour (you know how I feel about good-looking food and drink – I am oh, so shallow), with soft tendrils of pink flowing from the petals, but it gave the champagne a sweet, delicate, almost berry-like flavour.

A couple of days later, I read an article in the Food Network Magazine about flower-infused beer. I can’t seem to get my hands on any, but I think it may provide an interesting twist. I am a big fan of raspberry-infused beer, and have tried blueberry, spice, and coffee laced brews – but flower-leavened beer is something I’ve yet to experience.

Have you ever added anything to your wine or champagne? Do you prefer to keep it simple, or spice it up? Would you be willing to add flowers to your drink, or would you rather keep them in a vase?


Follow us on Twitter: @searedfoodblog

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe