8.4.10

Innovations in Sandwich Making Series Episode 1

Posted by Marvin Allen |



THIS BLOG HAS MOVED. IT IS NOW AT SEARED.CA. CLICK HERE TO BE REDIRECTED.


Un-freaking-believable! I swear I came up with this idea 6 months ago. I was making a BLT and half through cooking the bacon I realized I had no more bread. As I was looking in the fridge hoping to find some stale bread or some week old bagels, and stubbled upon some chicken breast, and the rest was history.



So you can understand my surprise when I found out that KFC is introducing their own line of chicken-as-bread sandwiches. The "Double Down" is strips of bacon, cheese, and their special sauce sandwiched between 2 pieces of their original recipe fried chicken. It's unnecessarily excessive, but at the same time perfect for those who find real bread restrictive. I like a sandwich that gets to the point.

The Double Down will be available at select restaurants in the US. Vegetarians need not apply, and call ahead to make sure its available at your local KFC so you can plan for the subsequent hospital visit right after.

Follow us on Twitter: @searedfoodblog

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe