27.4.10

6 Ways to Love Arugula

Posted by Courtney |



THIS BLOG HAS MOVED. IT IS NOW AT SEARED.CA. CLICK HERE TO BE REDIRECTED.


I love arugula. I cannot get enough of the luscious, green, peppery leaves. I love it crisp and fresh, or warmly wilted. I could eat it in a boat. I could eat it with a goat. Here are my favorite 6 ways to love arugula:

1. In a salad. Duh. Arugula takes the place of just about any lettuce in just about any salad but my two favorite, simple salads are 1: Arugula, halved cherry tomatoes, roughly chopped fresh basil, a dusting of grated Parmesan cheese, fresh cracked pepper, salt, extra virgin olive oil and a nice aged balsamic vinegar and 2: My brother's Danish girlfriend's arugula, cantaloupe, and pine nut recipe: Click Here

2. On pizza.  A nice fire roasted thin crust, strewn with fresh, juicy tomatoes, beautiful buffalo mozza, fresh basil and crisp arugula. It's simply to die for.

3. In a sandwich. If it's peppery in any way, it belongs in one of my sandwiches. Here's my absolute favorite sandwich of all time, a half of which would do for a normal appetite: Get a loaf of sliced bakery fresh sourdough bread. Spread with real mayo, dijon mustard and a thin layer of plain cream cheese. Add slices of aged cheddar cheese, avocado, campari tomatoes, and cucumber. At this point, crack fresh pepper on the tomatoes and cukes, and sprinkle a pinch of salt on them as well. Drape shaved pieces of Freybe's pepper Roast Beef or a similar product as high as gravity will let you, cover that with fresh sprouts and crisp arugula. Put the other slice of bread on top, skewer with bamboo skewers, because toothpicks are a joke at this point, then slice in half and enjoy. You might want a bib.

4. In Tacos. This is way better than the typical way Canadians serve iceberg lettuce in their tacos. I am so vehemently against iceberg lettuce and always opt for arugula in it's place. Giada has a mouth watering recipe for fish tacos with arugula: Tilapia Fish Tacos with Arugula

5. On Bruschetta. Wherever there are tomatoes and basil, there is a happy, delicious spot for a healthy heap of arugula, too. Here's a great arugula bruschetta recipe: Feta, Lemon and Arugula Bruscetta

6. Pesto! Yes, arugula makes a beautiful pesto with pine nuts, roasted red peppers,olives or my favorite, almonds. Check out this vid:





, , , , , , , , , ,


Follow us on Twitter: @searedfoodblog

1 comments:

Stephanie said...

I too love arugula... the bruschetta idea sounds really yummy - never thought of that!

Post a Comment

Subscribe