8.3.10

A Danish Influence

Posted by Courtney |



THIS BLOG HAS MOVED. IT IS NOW AT SEARED.CA. CLICK HERE TO BE REDIRECTED.


Here's a salad that will fill your belly and make you happy like no other. First, you need fresh arugula, and only fresh arugula will do. Then chop up some cantaloupe into some bite-sized pieces. Make sure it's a ripe cantaloupe, nice and juicy. Add some dried cranberries and toast up some pine nuts and throw them on top as well. Shave some good quality parmesan on top, salt and fresh cracked pepper, extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar, toss, and voila. Total yum. My brother's girlfriend, who is from Denmark, made it up and served it to us when we lived in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico and it was absolutely fantastic. Sometimes we use toasted almonds instead of pine nuts, usually when we're sick as almonds are a great immune boosting food.

Another thing my brother's girlfriend got me into was salted licorice. It's not for everyone, people usually either love it or hate it. I love it too much. They are called Super Piratos and are made by the Haribo candy company and I have yet to find them anywhere in BC, so if anyone knows where I can get this stuff, without having to pay for shipping, let me know! I need more! We went to a Ukranian deli this past Sunday, where they sell lots of Haribo stuff, but alas, no piratos. Boooo.
http://www.yellowman.dk/images/medium/food/n5701090015077_MED.jpghttp://www.worldofsweets.de/out/1/html/0/dyn_images/2/imp_300753.jpg

If you are a licorice lover and are brave enough to try these, let me know what you think!


, , , , , , , ,


Follow us on Twitter: @searedfoodblog

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

The salad sounds delicious!

I had a salty licorice experience about a year ago... I went to a German deli and they had a bulk candy section. I was pleased that there was an entire licorice area, but then discovered accidentally and horridly, that it was salt licorice. I do, however, love Panda brand black licorice.

Courtney said...

i used to love the soft black licorices but it just isn't the same after being spoiled with the salted Danish treats. i realize i am in a minority here, haha.

Post a Comment

Subscribe