13.4.10

Up, Up, and Away!

Posted by Stephanie |



THIS BLOG HAS MOVED. IT IS NOW AT SEARED.CA. CLICK HERE TO BE REDIRECTED.


The middle of April is approaching, it is nearly a month into Spring, and as I sit here and glance out my window, I look past my snow-covered porch and see thick fog and falling snow. And because of that, I am overjoyed at my upcoming weekend getaway to Las Vegas. I haven't been able to bask in sunshine and twenty-above temperatures in seven months. So on Thursday night, I will bring out my stored-away summer clothes, pack up my brand new silver gladiator sandals, and head down south.

One of the most exciting parts about this little trip is the food. I've heard that there is a huge selection of amazing restaurants in Vegas, so I'm more than a little pumped to wander around, tantalize my tastebuds, and fill up my belly.

Basil Leaves on a Pink Napkin


For the next few days, however, I'm going to have to sustain my need for different and delectable food, and tonight it starts with a fresh caprese-arugula salad.

All you need is...
6 cups fresh arugula
1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
10 bocconcini, halved
1 cup whole basil leaves
Extra virgin olive oil
Balsamic Vinegar
Salt and Pepper, to taste

Place arugula, tomatoes, bocconcini, and basil in a large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and toss. Add a splash of balsamic vinegar and salt and pepper to taste, and toss. That's it! Serve as a side. It goes great with a medium bodied red wine or a honey ale.

Follow us on Twitter: @searedfoodblog

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe