20.4.10

Soup's On!

Posted by Stephanie |



THIS BLOG HAS MOVED. IT IS NOW AT SEARED.CA. CLICK HERE TO BE REDIRECTED.


Well, I'm back from my American adventure, and I'm in one piece. Relatively. On my mini-vacation, I was lucky enough to try out many different types of food, and one place in particular has stayed in my mind: The San Francisco Soup Company.

As a soup fiend, this was the ideal restaurant for me to go to. The soup is hot (and fresh!), and the sourdough is amazing. Even better, you can eat your soup out of a sourdough bowl. Not in the mood for soup? Try out a sandwich, wrap, or a salad!

For my lunch there, I had a bowl of Grandma Mary’s Chicken Soup and a sourdough bun. I have never come across such an authentic tasting chicken soup, with absolutely no hint of a manufactured taste. It was almost exactly the same as my grandmother’s and my mom’s chicken soup – and that says a lot, as they both make the most delicious soup on earth. The broth was thin, but full of flavour, and seasoned with the perfect amount of dill. The chicken wasn’t in cubes, like in most soups, but perfectly tender with an almost shredded texture.

Pan with soup on gascooker
My friend had the Mexican Chicken Tortilla Soup, and it looked delicious. It is, according to the menu, a “savory blend of oven roasted tomatoes, grilled corn tortillas, garlic and herbs, loaded with chunks of grilled chicken.” Then they top it with tortilla chips, cheese, and fresh cilantro. My friend loved it, and I’m looking forward to making something similar myself so I can give it a try.

Have you ever tried out the San Francisco Soup Company? Do you have a favourite restaurant that you go to for soup? Do you like making soup yourself? Let me know!

The San Francisco Soup Company has sixteen locations, so if you’re ever in the area, make sure you take a quick break and pop in for a tasty lunch.


Follow us on Twitter: @searedfoodblog

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe