THIS BLOG HAS MOVED. IT IS NOW AT SEARED.CA. CLICK HERE TO BE REDIRECTED.


Hi everyone, I'm Katherine and I'm new here. I was born in the south, the granddaughter of not one but two blue ribbon-winning cooks and I was raised on army posts all over the world, including France. So, I know a little bit about food.

Southern cooking rests upon the twin pillars of bacon and mayonnaise. Eaters may disagree about how they like their bacon (chewy, fatty, peppery, applewood smoked or crispy) but it's hard to find anyone who'll admit to not liking any kind of pork product. (Vegetarianism has not made significant inroads in the south.)

We're born craving bacon; we even have an area of our tongue dedicated to salty tastes. Mayonnaise, however, is another matter. For some, like myself, a little bit more than a little is by much to much. (Yes, that's a Shakespeare quote--I'm still paying for my college education, I might as well get some use out of it.) I like it fine in tuna salad, potato salad (although I make mine with dijonnaise) and even as an ingredient in chocolate cake. I will never, however, enjoy a BLT with mayonnaise oozing out of the bread.

A BLT used to be the most efficient combination of bacony goodness and mayonnaise creaminess. But now, there is baconnaise! Yes, baconnaise. the "ultimate bacon-flavored spread." The guys behind the product are just regular bacon-loving guys and the story of their partnership will make you want to go out and cook up a specialty food item of your own.
Follow us on Twitter: @searedfoodblog

1 comments:

Courtney said...

earth-shattering. thank you.

Post a Comment

Subscribe