17.2.10

I love This Book: Jamie's America

Posted by Courtney |



THIS BLOG HAS MOVED. IT IS NOW AT SEARED.CA. CLICK HERE TO BE REDIRECTED.


Anyone who's been following this blog for any time at all, knows I love Jamie Oliver. Not just because he's a great chef and his recipes rock my world, but also because he is one of the most socially conscious chefs out there. That's pretty important to me considering about half my time is spent doing unpaid work to raise awareness for various causes. I love to support as much of Jamie's work as I can, and that definitely includes reading his books. Jamie's America is a fantastic one. I have always loved the idea of an American road trip. I have driven down the West Coast and back several times, and two years ago I had the absolute SUPREME pleasure of visiting the most friendly place I have ever been to (which says a lot considering I' been to 16 countries before I was 16), New Orleans, which is an amazing city for food. But other than that, I haven't really been to many places in the USA outside of airport stopovers. A dream would be to travel the country on a food tour. Although, from what I learned in New Orleans, the southern part of the tour would have to be a food and gym tour.

Jamie's America includes a lot of great recipes and stories from across America and is definitely worth the read. It accompanies a new show in Britain called Jamie's American Road Trip, for which you can see a hilarious promo vid up here: Jamie Dancing

Buy the book! Enjoy!


, , , , , , ,


Follow us on Twitter: @searedfoodblog

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe