15.2.10

Feast of St. Valentine

Posted by Courtney |



THIS BLOG HAS MOVED. IT IS NOW AT SEARED.CA. CLICK HERE TO BE REDIRECTED.


Yesterday my baby daddy bought me a pile of chocolates far too large, so in return I cooked him dinner. Here's what I made:

Rib Eye steak: seasoned with fresh cracked pepper & kosher salt and that's all cause I wanted to keep the flavors subtle. Seared on both side in a piping hot pan then finished in the oven. When I took them out, I let them rest, obviously and threw a few shallots, minced, in the pan to sweat a bit, then deglazed all the brown bits with red wine. I added a dash of Worcestershire sauce, salt an lots of fresh cracked pepper and let the wine reduce. Then I sliced the well-rested rib eye, plated it and spooned the wine sauce all over it.

Scallops and Bacon - I wrapped the fresh scallops in bacon, seasoned with fresh cracked pepper and kosher salt then baked until the bacon and scallops were both cooked nicely. Our house smelled like Heaven while this cooked.

Arugula salad: Baby arugula leaves, halved cherry tomatoes, grated parmesan and homemade vinaigrette. Olive oil, balsamic vinegar, apple cider vinegar, kosher salt, fresh cracked pepper, and dijon mustard. Also acceptable in this mix would have been any fresh herbs and lemon juice.

I have to tell you, baby daddy was a very happy man. Here's a pic, though it was taken with an iphone so it's not the best quality and my plating could use redo, haha:




, , , , , , , , , ,


Follow us on Twitter: @searedfoodblog

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe