11.6.10

Grilled Garlic Bread

Posted by Stephanie |



THIS BLOG HAS MOVED. IT IS NOW AT SEARED.CA. CLICK HERE TO BE REDIRECTED.


I love me some garlic bread, don’t you? It’s the perfect accompaniment to practically any food, and now, we’re going to bring it into grilling season. Try pairing it with grilled chicken, grilled veggies, and, well – anything!


The best part? You can grill the heck out of this garlic bread, and all it’s going to do is enhance the flavor. So, here’s a fun and unique take on my tasty pick of the week:

Grilled Garlic Bread
French bread (I like to use multigrain, as the seeds toast nicely and add a lot of flavor)
Olive oil
Garlic cloves, peeled, rough ends discarded

Slice the bread to desired thickness, brush both sides with olive oil, and place on a medium-high heat grill. If you’re a sad, grill-less apartment dweller (like yours truly), a frying pan will do the trick. Turn over once, and then when the bread is crispy and golden brown on both sides, remove from grill and let cool slightly. When cool enough to handle, take the garlic clove (cut off end down), and rub it against the toasted bread. It may not look like much garlic is on there, but trust me, it’s strong!


Want more garlicky goodness and how-to tips? Check out this piece on prepping garlic (and grab a breath mint for afterward…).

Follow us on Twitter: @searedfoodblog

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this idea! I'm going to use it for Father's Day to accompany my grilled salmon salad - I might even break the slices up into smaller pieces after grilling to turn them into croutons. Thanks for this post!

eatgreek.net said...

I love this bread! It's delicious!

Post a Comment

Subscribe