31.5.10

Inspired By: Green Eggs and Ham

Posted by Courtney |



THIS BLOG HAS MOVED. IT IS NOW AT SEARED.CA. CLICK HERE TO BE REDIRECTED.


A few weeks ago, my stepdaughter, who had always been in love with books, told me she didn't like books anymore. Anyone even half awake would realize this is just peer pressure, because a child doesn't go from being an avid bookworm to hating all books overnight, but it crushed my book-loving soul anyway and I had to find a way to prove to her that she really did still like books. So, we took her to the library, much to her dismay. Just as I suspected, the moment we entered the door she'd found a book and was so deeply immersed into it that she didn't even hear us when we told her it was time to go. That time, it was easy, but it got me thinking about the inevitability of it happening again, with her or with my son. I'm a pretty laid back Mom, but giving up a love of books is not an option in my house. So, I've thought about how to make sure the kids keep loving the printed word and the best way, I think, is to act them out! And what better way to start this, than with Dr. Seuss' timeless classic, Green Eggs and Ham? Saturday is green eggs and ham day at our house, and here are some fantastic recipes:

- Two green eggs and ham recipes at Seussville.com
- For Mommies and Daddies with pesto and prosciutto: Green Eggs and Parma Ham
- Mouthwatering spinach and ham and parmesan stuffed eggs: Green Eggs and Ham




, , , , , , ,


Follow us on Twitter: @searedfoodblog

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe