29.4.10

Summertime and Grilled Corn

Posted by Stephanie |



THIS BLOG HAS MOVED. IT IS NOW AT SEARED.CA. CLICK HERE TO BE REDIRECTED.


Summertime is almost here, and that, to me, means it’s almost barbeque time (I say almost because there’s still an obscene amount of snow on the ground). What’s your favourite food to grill up? Aside from skewers, I’d say my favourite thing to grill is corn. There are many different ways of doing this, usually in the husk, but I like to cook it so the kernels themselves get nicely toasted. The first time I saw corn being cooked this way was on a beach in Krabi, Thailand, by an amazingly quick woman, and I've haven't looked back since...

What You Need
Ears of corn, husks and strings removed (1 ear per person)
Butter (about 1 tsp per ear)
Salt and Pepper to taste

Preheat barbeque to medium-high heat. Place prepared corn on the grill, buttering with a silicone brush, turning, and then buttering, constantly until corn is slightly blackened. Remove from grill, season with salt and pepper.



Follow us on Twitter: @searedfoodblog

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe