4.3.10

Tasty Travels

Posted by Stephanie |



THIS BLOG HAS MOVED. IT IS NOW AT SEARED.CA. CLICK HERE TO BE REDIRECTED.


What inspires you most? Is it your family, your job, your hobbies? What inspires me most is seeing the world. When I go to new places I love to take photographs and write about what I see, what I feel.

I love how much of a part food plays in every culture, which is why markets are my favourite places to visit when traveling. Markets are the perfect place to try new cuisine, whether or not you know what you're eating, or if whatever it is repulses you beyond belief. Trust me, crickets out of a muddy bucket off a street in Cambodia repulse me. But I ate them anyway. The mystery filled spring rolls in Burma confused me, but were delicious.

Traveling brings out the curiosity in people. It makes you want to try new things, and take in new experiences. It allows you to actually take part in a culture, instead of being an outsider looking in. If you give in to a new culture, you'll be able to appreciate it so much more, crickets and all...






Follow us on Twitter: @searedfoodblog

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! Nothing beats the inspirationy ou get from village markets, esecially when you're not familiar with the ingredients!

Post a Comment

Subscribe