3.3.10

Pie and Brewskis

Posted by Stephanie |



THIS BLOG HAS MOVED. IT IS NOW AT SEARED.CA. CLICK HERE TO BE REDIRECTED.


Ah, pizza and beer. Just the thought of it makes you want to sit on the couch all day and watch hockey, doesn't it? Well I think there is something wonderful about them, in a completely non-couch potato, sports oriented way.

Tonight for dinner I made homemade pizza; chock full of veggies, basil, and fresh mozzarella. It's a healthy alternative to take out, and much cheaper. It's also something I could eat daily.

To complement the pizza, I got some Grasshopper beer. Don't get confused, it is nothing like a Grasshopper cocktail - it's a light local beer from the Big Rock brewery (of which I am a huge fan). Now, I am very familiar with wine tastings, I've done some tasting in France, British Columbia, and locally. But word on the street says that beer tastings are the new thing. Has anyone done any beer tastings? If so, is it the same deal: look, slurp, swish, spit; or, is it completely different? And, last but not least, what is your favourite beer?
Follow us on Twitter: @searedfoodblog

2 comments:

Samson said...

I love homemade pizza but i hate the store bought crusts and all the work that goes into making my own- any ideas for a good, healthy crust?

Anonymous said...

Grasshopper also pairs well with grilled meats... perfect for summer BBQ's.

Post a Comment

Subscribe