17.3.10

A Love Letter to Guacamole

Posted by Stephanie |



THIS BLOG HAS MOVED. IT IS NOW AT SEARED.CA. CLICK HERE TO BE REDIRECTED.


Dear Guacamole:

I love you and your creamy green goodness, your jalapeno hotness, and your onion flavoured halitosis. I love the way that you only require a few simple ingredients. I love that you're always there for me when I need a quick little something to bring along to a party.

I love that though rich in fat (who am I to judge?) you are rich in vitamins, nutrients, and phytonutrients. I love that though your main ingredient, avocados, are usually imported from Mexico, they remain there - in my farmer's market, at a reasonable price.

I love that I don't need a recipe to make you, and that it only takes minutes to have you ready, in a bowl with tortilla chips loyally at your side.

And, because I love you, I must share you. Here's my recipe for my dearest Guacamole.

close-up of an avocado on a plate


QUICK and EASY GUACAMOLE

3 ripe, medium sized avocados, scooped out and mashed with a fork or pastry cutter
10 cherry or grape tomatoes, quartered
2 scallions, sliced into 1/2 cm chunks
1 clove garlic, minced (or pressed)
2 small limes, juiced
2 jalapenos, seeded (don't seed if you want it to be extra spicy) and minced*


Mix all ingredients together, add salt to taste. Serve with tortilla chips!


*When using jalapenos in anything, make sure you wear gloves if you can. If not, it is possible to get a chemical burn - so be extra careful!!


Follow us on Twitter: @searedfoodblog

2 comments:

Courtney said...

mmmmmm guacamole.....

Stephanie said...

Mhmm... must make some this weekend and then eat it. All. Soon.

Post a Comment

Subscribe