1.3.10

French Tart SquarePants with Onions

Posted by Marvin Allen |



THIS BLOG HAS MOVED. IT IS NOW AT SEARED.CA. CLICK HERE TO BE REDIRECTED.


Like usual I’m waiting for “Chef at Home” with Michael Smith to start on the Food channel. So I caught the end of “French Food at Home” with Laura Calder. She’s pretty and she's making an Onion Tart, which doesn’t sounds appetizing one bit, and would be the last thing I’d ever order for desert. At least it seems simple enough to make. Take any size pie pastry and roll it flat into any shape you want. Then spread on a layer of crème fraiche, or if you don’t have any, you can use sour cream. Top with very thinly sliced onions and tiny pieces of bacon. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.

Now for my take on this. I want to replace the pie pastry with flat bread, use cream cheese instead of sour cream or crème fraiche, and put an obscene amount of bacon on it. Ummmmm...bacon. I know it makes this tart dull, drab, platitudinous. What, don’t act surprise I’m watching Spongebob at the same time. Ok now you can be surprised. I know “platitudinous” used in a kid show. This is why kids are smarter than me these days. Anyway I digress, I’ll try this out soon and post a picture. Try it yourselves, and post a link to the picture of what you made in the comments. If you guys don’t Santa Clause will come to my house to tell me I’m ugly and have no friends. So please do.


Follow us on Twitter: @searedfoodblog

3 comments:

Courtney said...

I love Laura Calder. When I first started watching her show, I wasn't sure I liked her, but it seems I try the most recipes from her show and they are fantastic. Even when they seem strange.

Stephanie said...

I agree - they seem strange, but once you try the recipes out you sort of get addicted. Her cookbook, "French Taste" is wonderful. I'm curious to see how the cream cheese and bacon tart goes...

Courtney said...

I love her fish recipes, they are so simple and beautiful.

Post a Comment

Subscribe