31.3.10

Easter Treats

Posted by Stephanie |



THIS BLOG HAS MOVED. IT IS NOW AT SEARED.CA. CLICK HERE TO BE REDIRECTED.


It's Easter in four days, and when I think of Easter I think of three things: 1) spring has almost arrived (I know it's officially here, but tell that to the snow on the ground), 2) I get to spend a ton of time with close friends and family this weekend, and 3) very soon there will be an abundance of delicious foods and beverages in my belly.

So what does Easter mean to you? And, most importantly, what kind of food will you be putting in your belly this weekend?

There's going to be a decent sized menu for my family's dinner, but my favourite is always the dessert. So, here goes with my plan for desserts to make on Sunday:

Coconut Cream Tart: It's amazing. That's really all I can say. It's a bit time-consuming to make, but it's completely worth the hassle. The custard is flavourful, but not too sweet, so you can really just enjoy and savour it.

Coconut Lime Squares: Check out a picture of these tasty treats on YumSugar. They seem like they'd be pretty easy to make, and they got great reviews.

Spring Cupcakes with Sugared Flowers: These are beautiful! Gentle vanilla cupcakes combined with a hint of lavender in the icing create a cupcake that is perfect to celebrate Spring. With or without the sugared flowers, they're an ideal choice for Easter.

What will you be making for the upcoming holiday? Need some more food inspiration? Go to Wanderfood Wednesday on Wanderlust and Lipstick.

Follow us on Twitter: @searedfoodblog

2 comments:

Angela (Travel with a Purpose) said...

I'm making cupcakes too - to celebrate Easter and my Mom's birthday. Maybe I need to add some of your sugared flowers. I have an amazing recipe for Amazon Chocolate Cake that I use, it's vegan. Sometimes I sneak a pinch of cayenne in there for a bit of a kick!

Beth said...

Your Easter treats sound wonderful; have a great holiday!

Post a Comment

Subscribe