9.2.10

We're Number 1: Vancity Has Best Chinese

Posted by Courtney |



THIS BLOG HAS MOVED. IT IS NOW AT SEARED.CA. CLICK HERE TO BE REDIRECTED.


Vancouver Chinese food best in the world: Conde Nast
Downtown Vancouver at Night 3Gee, shucks. Can Vancouverites take all the compliments?

First, The Economist calls Vancouver the world's most livable city (2009 ranking) and now Conde Nast Traveler says in its February issue that the city has the best Chinese food in the world.

With apologies to Hong Kong, Beijing, Singapore, Taipei, San Francisco and other contenders, Vancouver humbly accepts the honour.

Tracked down in Toronto, Conde Nast Traveler writer Mark Schatzker says: "I would say I've eaten Chinese food all over North America and in China and the best I've eaten in the world was in Vancouver. Hands down. From the point of view of Conde Nast Traveler, that's unquestionably so.

"I was shocked at how good the food was. It's funny when I was first told (by local Chinese food writer Stephanie Yuen) that it was the best in the world, I was skeptical. I thought it was hyperbole but by the end, I thought, no, she's right. In China, apart from a couple of exceptions, the food isn't much different from better restaurants in Toronto, New York. But the experience in Vancouver left me trembling."


, , ,


Follow us on Twitter: @searedfoodblog

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe