5.4.09

My First SEARED Tuna Experience

Posted by Courtney |



THIS BLOG HAS MOVED. IT IS NOW AT SEARED.CA. CLICK HERE TO BE REDIRECTED.


... With cooking that is. I live in Playa Del Carmen, we eat a lot of tuna here.

So anyway, I'm on a low carb diet for a few weeks just to shed some of the excess weight from having this little guy, so I thought I would try my hand at cooking a seared tuna steak.

First, I lightly coated the tuna steak with fresh ground black pepper (again, go fresh ground or go home), a tiny pinch of salt, some white pepper and a few mustard seeds. I seared it off in a pan in a little bit of olive oil. I overcooked it slightly this time, but it was my first attempt.

Alongside, I offered a small dollop of dijon, balsamic, olive oil, and soy sauce all whisked to a beautifully emulsified perfection.

I gotta say, it was pretty freaking good. And next time it will be even better. And I'll post pics!

Technorati Tags: , , , ,


Follow us on Twitter: @searedfoodblog

2 comments:

John Simmonds said...

Yep, I'm still licking my lips! It was deeeeelicious! Mine was cooked nicely, maybe a little over near the edges but no biggie. The dijon sauce was a perfect complement, I could have drank the leftovers but I'm sure the heart burn would have killed me so I didn't. All in all, damn good for a first attempt. Hell, damn good for a 20th attempt, nice work!

Courtney said...

Muchas gracias!

Post a Comment

Subscribe